Skelly Oil Services Ltd is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand
your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Skelly Oil Services Ltd in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
• Skelly Oil Services Ltd
• Contact details of Skelly Oil Services Ltd 049 8544133
• When we refer to ‘we’ it is Skelly Oil Services Ltd
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
We are an oil distributor company, supplying Kerosene, Low Sulphur Gas Oil and Derv.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
• Peter Skelly
• 049 8544133 (opt1)
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you with the best oil distribution service, Skelly Oil Services Ltd need to collect personal data for the following purposes:
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
• To Improve customer Service
• To Personalize user experience
• To Improve our site
• To Process payments
• To run a promotion, contest, survey or other site features
• To send periodic emails
In any event, Skelly Oil Services Ltd are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
If you contact us or we contact you, we may ask for certain information from you to confirm your identity, check our records and deal with your account efficiently and correctly. We aim to protect all of our customers from fraud. As part of this, we may use your personal information to verify your identity to help prevent or detect fraud. These checks may involve your information being disclosed to credit reference agencies, who may keep a record of that information. This is not a credit check, and your credit rating will be unaffected.
We use programs such as Google Analytics to help us find out:
• How many people visit our websites?
• Which pages and parts of pages are most popular
• How long people spend in each area of the website
• What information people are looking for
These insights help us understand what customers want from our website and, consequently, how we can improve the website in the future.
• Browser types
• Operating systems
• Third party sites that direct you to us
• The time and date of a visit
How will Skelly Oil Services Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Skelly Oil Services ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Data subject rights:
Skelly Oil Services Ltd facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
• Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Skelly Oil Services Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Skelly Oil Service Ltd will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Skelly Oil Services Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Skelly Oil Services Ltd data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.